Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Butter Me Up

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... like to try out new beauty products!

I had been hearing about the NYX butter lip glosses for a while, but never was very interested in trying them. I'm a huge fan of the Revlon lip butters, and since they both had "butter" in the name, I assumed they were comparable. Turns out, they really aren't!

They are very different products, that's for sure. Revlon's lip butters are more like lipsticks, while NYX's butter glosses are more like lipglosses. While in Ulta one day, I saw the display and decided to try one out. They are extremely affordable, at $4.99 a piece, and they come in a wide range of colors. Soon after trying one, I wanted more. I now have three colors in my collection, which is enough to review them, I think!
Left to right: Maple Blondie, Eclair, and
Strawberry Parfait.
The packaging itself is cute, and each gloss is named after a dessert. Bonus: they all smell sweet, too!
Swatches on my hand!
The glosses are not sticky, but they are thick enough to stay on your lips for a good amount of time. They are basically the perks of a good lip combination without all of the applying work! One quick sweep of the butter gloss and you're good to go. Perfect for busy people like nurses! I hope you found this review helpful, and I hope you're able to try one out soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment