Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fool-Proof Chili!

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... Practice some cooking skills. 

I'm no cook. In fact, I think I've only prepare two real meals in my life. I've decided this year, though, that I would take it upon myself to start trying out different recipes and perfecting my skills. 

While in college, one of my roommates made a great chili that I loved. I'm a picky eater, so for me to like something that contained beans was a miracle. The smell of chili reminds me of fall and football, so I thought it would be perfect to make for my family at the beginning of September. The recipe is simple: 

1 large can of Great Northern Beans (I used 2 small cans)

1 can of chicken broth

1 jar of salsa (you can use any kind... The fresher the salsa, the whiter your chili will be. The medium salsa made a very spicy chili, but I enjoyed it!)

1 block of pepper jack cheese (I made mine with two... The cheesier the better! )

2 chicken breasts 

I simply boiled the chicken breasts and shredded them by hand. I rinsed off the beans. In a crockpot, I added all of the ingredients, ending with the cheese that I had cut into cubes. I then set the crockpot on "low", and cooked the chili until my cheese had melted. It was that easy! 

This recipe is perfect for those who have little time (ex: nurses). You simply throw everything into a crockpot, and it cooks! The best part is, you can play around with the recipe. There aren't any rules! 

I hope this recipe helps for a night where you don't know what to cook for dinner. It's a great game day treat as well, if you're into sports! 

Thank you all for reading! Xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment