Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Feeling Fall

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... like to make crafts!

Fall, or autumn, is by far my favorite season. I love the fashion, the weather in Ohio is just right, and the scenery outside is beautiful. There's something about the season that makes me feel cozy and nostalgic. I listen to the same music (John Mayer, Jamie Cullum, Ingrid Michaelson) at the start of fall each year, and the first season of Gossip Girl always gets me in the mood for fall.

With the weather starting to cool down, I swapped out my bright nail polish for darks and decided to create some fall-inspired projects. I have been really into triangle garlands, and I recently saw a video from MacBarbie07 in which she created a cool lyric craft! These two were simple to make, and helped my room to look a little more festive without being cheesy. 
I used metallic gold and white paint for my lyric project.
Simply paint a wooden board whatever color
you want the words to be.
Let it dry completely before placing sticker-letters in any
phrase you wish.
Paint over the stickers in your main color and slowly
peel them off before it dries completely. Be sure
your font-color has dried completely before placing stickers..
OOPS!
Ta-da!
I'm now obsessed with mini clothespins...
Easiest craft ever... just cut triangles from any craft paper,
and secure them on twine with mini clothespins! Instant
festivity!
I hope everyone is having an amazing week. If you're back to school-- good luck! Try one of these crafts for some fun... they're easy, and fairly inexpensive. Thank you so much for reading! Happy Fall! Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment