Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

#Focus

Back with more #advicetobabynursingstudents!

Find a planner at the beginning of the school year, and keep everything in it. This way, you have a master list of every event, assignment, presentation, etc. Transfer any individual calendar dates to this planner.

I never used a planner my first and second years of nursing school. This was probably the biggest mistake I made, and I'm so thankful I figured things out before I was done with school. It's important to have one planner that states everything you are responsible for the year, because otherwise it's impossible to stay focused and on top of homework and clinical hours.

I found this planner especially important during my preceptorship, where I followed one nurse and was responsible for scheduling and logging my own clinical hours. Without my planner, it would have been impossible to remember which days I was free, which days I worked, etc. 

Planners are everywhere, and they come in a range of styles and prices. I received mine as a gift (best gift ever), but it was from Barnes and Noble. I liked that mine was a monthly planner, because it helped me to see the big picture for each month. It's up to you how you organize best, but my greatest piece of advice is to grab a planner early, and use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment