Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Lips

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... like to go out of my comfort zone in the beauty department.


I have a little mouth. My lips aren't think, but my mouth in general is very small, which steers me away from dark lip colors. When my eyes were opened to Revlon lip butters, however, my opinion changed. I mentioned in a previous post my love for this product, but I didn't mention that I especially love their darker lip colors for the fall and winter seasons. They glide on like a chapstick, but they have the color payoff of an actual lipstick. You truly get the best of both worlds. 

I have now tried three of their darker, more bold colors, and I haven't been disappointed by any of them. They go on smooth, last for a while, and are easy to touch up throughout the night. Additionally, you don't have to mess around with lip liner or an additional lipgloss, because these (again) are more like lipbalms, and they shine like a gloss!
The first dark lip butter I tried was in "Raspberry Pie", and I loved it so much that I wore it multiple times last winter. It was the perfect color to make you feel a little festive, without taking forever to apply. I love the deep berry color, and it looks great with my fair skin and blonde hair.
I just recently purchased "Red Velvet", and was just as happy with it as I was my other colors. It's a deep burgundy red, which is one of my favorite fall colors. The best part about all of these lip butters is that they are also buildable, meaning you can go from just a small sheen to full-on color.
"Candy Apple" was the first lip butter I had ever tried out. While it isn't as dark as the other two, it is still a great fall color. I know that many girls try to search for the perfect red lip, and I found mine in this lip butter. Typically, red lipsticks were too bold for my fair skin and little lips. However, this color is glossy, and again buildable!

No comments:

Post a Comment