Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

#Good Impressions

Hello, everybody! I'm here on this Friday with another #advicetobabynursingstudents... this can be applied to any point in nursing school, but should be especially utilized in the final years. It concerns being professional in clinical, and making lasting impressions on faculty and staff.

It's important to make a good, lasting impression on everyone you come in contact with during nursing school. You never know who will be interviewing you, writing your recommendations, and eventually hiring you!

I tried to be the student in nursing school who acted professional, friendly, and willing to work. I thought it was important to make that impression on people, both because I wanted to, but also because I knew it was going to help me in the end. I was right! Making a good impression on my professors and clinical instructors allowed me great nursing connections, and wonderful recommendations to list on my resume.

It's also important to make a good impression on the nursing staff and directors of the units you have clinical on. When you graduate, you may decide that you want to work on one of those units. If you've made a good impression on them, they will probably be more inclined to hire you, as they know that you're a hard worker!

So answer those call bells, and help those nurses. Be the best clinical student you can be, and always be willing to help someone out. Enjoy the time you have in nursing school to learn all that you can, and help as many patients as you are able to!

As usual, thank you all for reading. It's greatly appreciated. Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment