Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Holiday Lush Haul

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... need to take a nice, relaxing bath.

Lush products are my favorite when it comes to relaxing. I love trying new products, and seeing which ones work best for me. When I went shopping this past weekend, the store was packed with holiday shoppers. Although it was insane, it truly got me in the mood for this holiday season (not that it takes much for me...). I decided to choose four holiday products, all of which I've never tried before!
1. Rudolph (fresh face mask)

I have never tried a Lush fresh face mask, but they seemed intriguing to me. Since I don't have a Lush store nearby, I decided to seize the opportunity and purchase their Rudolph mask! The name was cute, and the soothing idea of it seemed perfect for me. The website describes it as:
"This limited edition Fresh Face Mask soothes and softens dry, irritated skin with nourishing ingredients like calamine, lavender and oatmeal, while fresh mint and cucumber revitalize and replenish skin’s radiance."
I will have to agree that the mask was revitalizing and replenishing to my skin. When I opened up the package, I was instantly attracted to the presentation. The mask itself is brown, but there's a red jelly nose set in the center. Cute, right? The one thing I didn't care for is the smell of the actual mask. It's definitely "fresh", but the combination of the scents were not appealing to me. That being said, I don't think the smell was enough to turn me away from the mask. I still have about two good uses left!
2. Snowman (bath bomb)

This little guy was too cute to pass up. He smells sweet, and I'm just a huge fan of bath bombs in general. Although the one I picked looks a little misshapen, I still think he's adorable. Lush describes him as:
"Our year round best-selling Bath Bomb, Butterball, has been transformed into a dashing Snowman with a festive red scarf and a delicate carrot nose- just for the holidays! We know luxuriously long soaks in hot baths are a favorite winter pastime, but they can leave skin feeling a little dry. Snowman’s generous helping of cocoa butter ensures skin stays soft and hydrated, regardless of how long you spend soaking. The comforting, blissful vanilla aroma lingers softly on the skin long after the bath."
I had no idea that Snowman was just a transformed "Butterball" bath bomb, and that is one of my favorites! It's soothing and hydrating for your skin, and turns your bath a pretty shade of pink! I will definitely repurchase this product.
3. Father Christmas (bath bomb)

Again, just the look of this bath bomb made me want to buy it. The cute little Santa Claus is nice and round, just like a bath bomb should be. As if the looks weren't enough, he smells like candy. Sugary and fruity, I definitely was eager to try him out. Lush says:
"Once you pop this jolly red bomb in your tub, it turns your water from bright red to vivid green, spreading trails of creamy white froth as it goes. Best of all, Father Christmas fills your bathroom with an invigorating satsuma fragrance that lingers on the skin for hours afterwards. Uplifting, fruity and fresh – this is the most festive bomb of them all. All we want for Christmas is this Santa, baby!"
My favorite part of this bath bomb was the color your bath turns. It starts out bright red, but then turns to the "Grinch-iest" green. Definitely festive, and definitely relaxing. This is one of my favorite bath bombs to date, and I hope to get another one closer to Christmas.
4. Bombardino (bath bomb)

Finally, this little guy made his way into my basket because of his smell. It's like a dessert... described by the company as "lemon cheesecake". I'd say that's an accurate description, and I can't wait to jump into a tub of Bombardino. Lush describes this bath bomb as:
"Inspired by a hot après-ski drink enjoyed in the ski resorts of the Italian Alps, Bombardino makes the perfect treat to enjoy after a long day on the slopes, or an exhausting day spent holiday shopping. Sicilian lemon oil and vanilla absolute combine beautifully to create an uplifting and comforting lemon-cheesecake aroma, and bits of cocoa butter from his whipped hat melt into the bath water to soften up winter skin."
I haven't yet tried this, but I know it's going to be amazing. It's possible that by the time you're reading this, he'll have already been used up...
November is well underway, and I have big plans for December! You'll begin to notice that I'm one of the biggest holiday fanatics out there, and I hope to be posting some major holiday-themed pages in the coming weeks. I hope you'll follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment