Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Giving Thanks Garland (DIY)

It's easy sometimes to for me to forget all that I am fortunate to have. For instance, yesterday after work, I remembered that I had parked far away from the door. It was chilly, and I wanted to get into my car as quickly as possible. In the middle of complaining to myself that my car was so far away, I remembered something. I could walk to my car. I have two, fully functioning legs. I know there are many people who don't have the ability to walk to their car, some whom I had just seen at work. It really helped me reflect on what I had, instead of the small inconvenience that parking far away caused me. 

I really am so fortunate, and I decided to take the month of November to remembering all that I'm thankful for. For the twenty-seven days leading up to Thanksgiving, I have written down one thing that I'm thankful for. I made a garland to display in my room, to serve as a constant reminder that there are even small things that make my day better, and make me feel thankful. 

To make the garland, I simply used twine and baby clothespins used here in a past DIY. I purchased paper leaves from The Paper Source (my new favorite)! I simply wrote one thing I'm thankful for on a leaf each day. I hope you will all join me, and I'll share my fully-compiled list on Thanksgiving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment