Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gift Guide for Far Away Friends: Blogmas Day 7!

It's typically difficult to find the perfect gift for a friend, but it's even harder to manage when that friend lives far away. You want to pick something out that will be useful, as well as something that lets them know you're thinking about them. One of my best friends moved to another state while we were in college, so this is something I've had to think about the past couple of years. This year, however, she is studying in the Netherlands. I've taken some time to think about what I could send her, because with the distance also comes shipping concerns, and the thought that she probably doesn't want a ton of "stuff" to have with her.
Gift Guide: Far Away Friends



My number one suggestion for someone who lives far away is a picture frame. I love this one from Nordstrom, but any picture frame with a picture of the two of you is an awesome gift. Another idea is a journal or stationary, and a set of pens. While traveling, I'm sure she'd appreciate a new notebook to write in, and the stationary could give someone the extra incentive to write home. It further opens the lines of communication between you and that person, which is always awesome. Moving on to more fashion-related items, a nice cozy scarf is perfect for someone who may be in a colder climate! Finally, this Kate Spade bangle is easy to ship, and the engraving states "heart of gold", which is a lovely message to a close friend.

I hope you all can use some of my ideas to give a gift to a special person far away. It doesn't take much to remind them that you love them, miss them, and are thinking of them over the holidays.

1 comment: