Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sick Day and Mini Haul: Blogmas Day 12!

My new, number-one #advicetobabynursingstudents and new nurses... make sure to take care of your health when you start your new job. Keep your immune systems healthy, take vitamins, exercise, whatever it takes. You will be exposed to many different illnesses in the hospital, and you are likely to catch something when you're first exposed. I'm speaking from experience... I spent all day in bed yesterday with something I may or may not have caught at work. So stay healthy, because being sick is definitely not fun!

So, for most of yesterday I was in bed with this puppy:
I had already made plans with my college friends to meet up for dinner that night. I was devastated to be sick, but made it my mission to feel mostly better by nighttime so that I could join them. I hadn't seen my roommate since August, and after living with someone for four years, that many months is a lot. I fortunately felt decent enough to make the drive to see them, and we had the best time together. We ate pizza and did a little shopping. I purchased two things at Ulta; both were things I didn't need, but definitely were things I wanted. I haven't purchased many things makeup-related since October, so I just went for it. 
The first thing I bought was a Coach "Poppy" rollerball. My roommate from college had so many different perfumes, and so most scents remind me of her. This scent was one she wore a lot during our earlier years of college, so it is definitely nostalgic. I'm so glad that I purchased it.. it smells absolutely wonderful. 
The second item purchased was a repurchase.. I loved Benefit's "Boi-ing" concealer, and was so sad that I had finished it. Apparently not sad enough to repurchase it, though. So when we decided to go to Ulta last night, I decided to buy it again. It has amazing coverage, and the drugstore concealers I've been wearing definitely do not compare.

Stay healthy, everyone! It's almost Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment