Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Unique Christmas Gifts: Blogmas Day 6!

It's always exciting when you think of an interesting, personal gift to give someone. I always enjoy giving gifts that people aren't expecting, but it's often hard to think of something that will be a surprise, as well as enjoyed. Last year, my dad gave me the bright idea of glass-blown Christmas ornaments. There was a glass studio down the street from where I lived in college, and unbeknownst to me, they were having 30-minute sessions where they'd assist you in creating your own glass-blown ornaments. Now, that was enough information for me, and I scheduled myself an appointment. 

The results were amazing. For a half-hour and two hand-made ornaments, I only paid thirty-dollars. I thought this was an amazing deal, and the people who own the shop are so friendly. It was such an enjoyable experience for me, and I was able to get two unique, hand-made gifts to give. I made one ornament for my mom, and one for my boyfriend, and I think they both really enjoyed their ornaments.

My dad was the mastermind behind this project, so this year I decided to pop into the store and just purchase an ornament for him. I picked a new "teardrop" style for him, and also purchased two more for each of my grandpa's. I think that everyone will enjoy the story behind them, and the idea that they came from where I used to live! If any of you happen to be in the Pittsburgh area, please check out Vessel Studio Glass on S. 16th Street. You will not regret the experience, I promise!
This is the ornament I made (with a lot of help!) for my mom.
One of the ornaments I purchased this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment