Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Farewells & Baked Goods

Last night I said goodbye to one of my best friends before she left to start her new "big-girl" job. It is weird, as most of my friends are still in school, and I haven't started working yet. The end of this summer has sort of allowed me to pretend that we're all still in college, and I've enjoyed it, but now I have to face the facts that we're in the real world now. We spent the night talking on her back patio, with a blazing bonfire and string lights... something my group of friends has enjoyed doing since high school. It felt nostalgic, but was also a reminder that we're growing up, and our lives are changing. In an exciting way! It's not necessarily as dramatic as it sounds; my friend will only be three hours away, and I will still see her regularly. 

I brought cupcakes to the shin-dig, as I typically like to do. This time, I tried something I saw on Pinterest a while ago (you're all going to think "yeah, old news...) and I had tried one during clinical lunch last year. I simply placed an Oreo at the bottom of each cupcake for a surprise! Everyone enjoyed them, and they were definitely a fun change to the typical cupcake.
Excuse the old cupcake tray...
Close up of the Oreo. It was so easy!
They were no harder to make than any other cupcake, which made it all the more appealing. Of course, I don't usually bake cupcakes from scratch; my friends prefer "Funfetti"! Give this idea a try if you're looking for an easy alternative to your normal cupcakes. I topped mine off with pink icing and a raspberry for decoration.

Happy baking, and happy Friday to all of you! Thank you for reading, as always. Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment