Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Look Alive, People!

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... like to play with makeup.

I'm a big fan of looking natural, but that doesn't mean I don't like to spend my fair share of time playing around with different makeup. I love to try out different products, and when I find something that works, I like to stick with it.

I have found that there are a few products which have been in my every day look for years. I'd like to share these with you, as they help me to look more awake during those twelve-hour shifts! I'm sure those who work with me appreciate it, because otherwise... ouch.
1. Essie: Ballet Slippers ($8). This color comes off as a very sheer pink on the nails... If your facility      allows nail polish, this is the perfect natural color for work!

2. Nyx Matte Eye Shadow: Dark Brown ($4.99). I use this color for my brows. Being a fair-skinned blonde, I need a little color to show that I do, in fact, have eyebrows!

3. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer ($30). Again, being fair, I like to put a little bronzer on in order to look more alive! This bronzer works wonders... not too dark on my fair skin. It's a little pricey, but this lasts me a long time!

4. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer ($20). This concealer is a miracle worker. After working long shifts, especially overnight, I look like I haven't slept in weeks. I find that this completely conceals everything!

5. Urban Decay: Naked 2 Palette ($50). Okay, this is definitely very pricey. I have, however, been using this palette for a year now, and it's still going strong! I own both this palette as well as the first Naked palette, and they both are perfect for everyday wear.

6. NARS blush: Mata Hari ($29). As a fair-skinned girl, I can be a little weary when buying blush. Although this looks like a bold color, a small amount can be just enough to brighten your face.

7. NARS lipgloss: Turkish Delight ($25). Though it's not exactly practical to wear lipgloss to work, this color is so sheer and pretty that it's perfect for an every day look.

8. I typically will try any drugstore mascara, and I've tried many. There are very few that I don't like, but at the moment I am particularly fond of Revlon's Lash Potion!

I hope this is helpful for those of you who are looking for makeup suggestions, or for those (like me!) who are just curious about what others are wearing.

Please follow me on twitter, @nurse_things. I would love to talk more directly to everyone reading, and also get suggestions on future blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment