Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

It Can Wait.


Yesterday, I was browsing the twitter of my favorite blogger, Emily, from Cupcakes and Cashmere. She urged readers to take thirty-five minutes and watch the video I posted above. It's message is simple... Put your phone away when driving, and bring your full attention to the road. It sounds simple enough, but the reality is, many of us are unaware of how dangerous texting can be while operating our cars.

The important thing to remember is that a little mistake can change your life, and the lives of others, in an instant. One text message can mean your life, or the life of someone else.

I lost my cousin in a drunk driving accident when he was very young, and I much younger. He was the driver. One mistake from him meant a lifetime of pain for his family and friends. Unfortunately, texting while driving is just as dangerous and just as prevalent. We all should take a minute to watch this video, and become more aware of our actions. The minute you turn on a car, you are responsible for the lives around you. Please, take it seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment