Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pamper Yourself!

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... like to pamper myself with a relaxing night in!

Nursing school can be stressful, as well as the events that take place after you graduate. Late nights, early mornings, and very little sleep can take a toll on a person's skin and emotional well-being. For this reason, I like to take a night every once in a while to treat my skin and my whole self in general. This means face masks, bubble baths, and my favorite movies or television shows.

Last night, I stayed at home and had one of these relaxing nights in. Here are some of the products I use, although they are ever-changing as I like to try new things!
I always start with a face mask, and this is one of my favorite parts! You can find face masks at just about every drugstore, and there are always a number of masks to choose from. I've been using Neutrogena's Clear Pore mask since freshman year of college. I takes me back to nights in the dorm doing masks with my roommate! The mask on the right is one that I picked up at Ulta yesterday. There are always a dozen or so masks up front for $1.99 or so, and they've all been fun to try. This specific one worked really well to deep-clean my pores, but they also have a chocolate one that smells delicious and leaves your skin so smooth.
After rinsing off the mask, I always apply a moisturizer. This one from Clinique has been my favorite as of late. It's expensive, but this one is actually my mom's and we have been sharing it. It leaves the face feeling hydrated but not greasy, which is something I always look for in a moisturizer.
When I'm staying in for the night, I always love to light candles. Leaves by Bath & Body Works is probably one of my all-time favorites, and especially now as fall is approaching.
Finally, I love soaking in a warm bubble bath to feel really pampered. I love Lush bath bombs, but my go-to is bubble bath from Bath & Body works because it keeps forever! We don't have a Lush store nearby, so when I do get some new bath bombs I'm feeling extra rejuvenated.

It's important to take a night to get your mind away from all things nursing school, or to take your mind off of the tough work day you just had. I always turn on one of my favorite movies or television shows (I watched New Girl last night), and try to free myself of all stress. I know it sounds impossible (and it sort of is), but a night like I've described really helps to clear your mind and start fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment