Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall Nails

I'm a nurse, but (frequently) I... paint my nails.

Admittedly, I'm a sucker for nailpolish. I'm the girl that repaints her nails over and over again, changing the color frequently. At the same time, I'm picky about the types of polishes I used, and have acquired a specific selection of nail polishes that I rotate. Just as I love nailpolish, I love the fall season, and the colors that come with it. There's something about dark colors on my nails paired with fall sweaters that makes me excited for the season. Below, I've gathered my selection of favorite fall colors that are most used as the weather cools down... 
This is a creamy, chocolate brown color that I like to use frequently. I love the way Essie nail polish applies, and this particular color has no shimmer or sparkle-- just a creamy, dark brown that looks great with everything.
Also Essie, I recently purchased this color. I love deep burgandy colors for fall, and although I believe this color came from a Christmas collection, I think it will transition well throughout all of the fall and winter holidays. This is definitely my most favorite nail polish for fall, and I have it on my nails right now!
Again, another holiday-themed color, but I think this works great for fall. It is a creamy, grey-blue color, and it stays true to the color in the bottle. Even with several coats, it doesn't end up looking near-black like most dark colors. 
This particular color is popular for OPI, and I wanted it for a while. It's a beautiful navy blue, with puprle/red shimmer. It's not chunky-glitter, but the perfect amount of shimmer that looks beautiful in natural light.
Finally, this color is a dark grey/silver, with silver shimmer throughout. Again, it is not chunky glitter, but just a fine shimmer. This color also stays true no matter how many coats-- it continues to shine as a dark grey/silver.
Here is my own hand with "Berry Naughty"... the more coats you put on, the darker the color. I typically like three or four coats, but this is only two. Two coats really shows off the beautiful cranberry color. What are your favorite colors to wear for fall? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment