Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Throwback Thursday (Halloween Edition!)

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... like to dress up for Halloween!

Halloween is definitely not my favorite holiday, however, I've definitely taken advantage of the excuse to dress up and eat a lot of candy! Over the years, I've worn many different costumes... all usually revolving around some sort of animal, faux fur, and a sweatshirt. I have to give my mom credit for making many costumes herself with no sewing abilities (she's a master at the hot glue gun!). I thought it would be fun to include some pictures of my most memorable costumes... maybe they'll be inspiration to you, or maybe you'll just get a laugh at the things I came up with. Trust me, I never got too creative:
Love the winter wear under the enormous pumpkin costume.
I guess this was a "Simba" costume... minus the headpiece, plus slippers.
Matching bunnies... here you see the sweatshirt/faux fur combo.
One of my favorite costumes... How cute is my sister
in her poodle skirt?!     
Definitely one of my most creative costumes... a large group of my friends
went as "Mario Kart" my senior year of high school. We wore roller
blades, and it was really fun until I fell on my back down a ramp. Graceful...
Freshman year of college, I got REALLY creative and went
as a flapper. Here I'm showing off my UGG boots... My feet
were comfy and warm, while everyone toughed it out in heels.
Toddlers in Tiaras. This is also my brief stint as a
brunette. Enjoy.
I wanted to be a panda most Halloweens...
my senior year of college I went for it. You
can see I took a lot of costume making tips
from my mother. 
Are you dressing up for Halloween? Let me know in the comments below if you have any ideas! I hope you are all having a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment