Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#Replay

Back with more #advicetobabynursingstudents! While I was in nursing school, I noticed that most nursing students liked to soak up any piece of advice they could get. We always asked many questions, and seemed to be the most curious major around. These are some of my favorite blog posts, and I will definitely continue these as I am sure there is a nursing student out there who is enjoying them! This weeks advice is:

If you have trouble focusing during a lecture, or understanding a professor, start recording them. iPhones have a voice recording capability that I used in some classes! 

For me, large lecture classes were the hardest to focus. There were so many people, and typically they were the classes that were the most difficult to understand. I had lectures for both anatomy and physiology, as well as microbiology. To make matters more difficult, I had a professor with a thick accent for microbiology. 

Because it was hard to hear, and I was trying to take notes at the same time, I started recording my lectures on my phone. It was inconspicuous, and wasn't difficult to start at the beginning of class. This way, I could replay sections that I had a hard time understanding/hearing. It was extremely beneficial to my grades, as well as my general understanding of the material. 

If you haven't given this a try already, do it! It's worth a shot, and it definitely helps to keep on top of your studying. Of course, nursing school is just building on what you learned previously, so it's beneficial to try and stay afloat all through out school! Good luck, and happy studying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment