Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

No Spend November

I'm a nurse, but sometimes I... spend money on fast food. 

I love fast food. I also am a sucker for the beauty section at drugstores. So when I saw Paige's post about No Spend November, I knew exactly what I needed to cut out. I spend way too much money on things that I definitely don't need, and if I could stop that for a month, I think I would be way better off!

Like I said, I'm first cutting out fast good spending. I love McDonald's specifically, but I don't discriminate against any drive-thru food. I thought this would be a great thing to cut out cost-wise, but more importantly, health-wise! I posted a while ago about giving up pop (or soda), but whenever I go get fast food I'm more inclined to buy a Coke. I'm human, I'm weak, and so maybe avoiding fast food will help me cut the pop addiction. 

The nice thing about my town is that the fast food restaurants are conveniently located next to two major drugstores! I never buy anything I really need at the drugstore... I always pop in to look, and end up buying lip products that I don't like or don't need. 

I think this will be a great challenge, and I think I can definitely do it. I'm planning on participating in a Christmas charity this month, so I can use the money I saved to participate! Don't worry though, I did pop into the drugstore and McDonald's for some last of the month treats! I'll be checking back in throughout the month to let you know how I'm doing. Thanks for the idea, Paige!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining up! I'm one of the Co-Hosts this month, and I'm giving up fast food too!! I've been eating out WAY too much, and I'm excited to see how much it helps my health to give it up. I'm awesome at getting a soda when I eat out too, but never drinking soda at home lol. Makes no sense to me. No more though!! Let's do this :)

    Much love, Heather

    ReplyDelete