Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

#Have Fun!

Hello, everyone! I'm happy to report that I'm at the halfway mark for the first week of orientation... and I'm still in the game! I'll admit, it's tiring. There's a lot of sitting still, and paying attention to different speakers, but I am just so excited to start my career as a nurse. It's also nice to be back on a schedule.

I've decided to recognize another #advicetobabynursingstudents post, because I enjoy writing these, and I hope you enjoy reading them! So, without further ado:

Remember to do some fun things for yourself! Yes, nursing school is exhausting. If you don't do fun things with friends, though, you'll go insane.

Trust me, I've been there. Tests, upon tests, upon tests. Especially near the end of nursing school, it seems like it's impossible to catch a break. In my opinion, there's no better way to relieve the stress of school than to take a night off with some of your nursing school friends (or whomever you choose!) and do something to divert your mind.

Throughout nursing school, I formed a close group of friends. I've mentioned them before, and I've also said that I probably wouldn't have made it through without them. That's because friends who understand completely what you're going through is important. And when you're all stressed about school, it's a great idea to do something fun to take your mind off of it! There are plenty of activities that I participated in during nursing school that didn't take too much of my time, but were just what the doctor ordered. Those activities could have included any and all of the following:

1. Have a girls' night in. Watch a movie, paint your nails, do face masks and gossip.
2. Gather together to watch your favorite show. We spent many Tuesday nights on the couch with Oreo's, and Pretty Little Liars.
3. Go out to dinner! It's a nice treat when you're living in the dorms, or even off-campus.
4. Go out to see a movie. You could combine this with idea #3.
5. Take a walk, have a nice chat.
6. Build a fort in your dorm or living room, and play "Never have I ever" in it.

And for more seasonal options:
1. Carve pumpkins!
2. Paint pumpkins...
3. Visit a haunted house. (We did this last year, and even though we graduated, we returned this year! It was a great excuse to reunite)
There are options on top of options for things to do with friends. Sometimes all you need is a relaxing night in, where school is not discussed. If you don't do something like this every once in a while, you will go nuts. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment